Saturday, July 6, 2013

Leonardtown Wharf July 6,2013



Well Greg loaded up the kayaks and we went to Leonardtown Wharf. It is at the foot of Washington Street. The kayak ramp was great. We loaded my kayak in the shoot and Greg gave me a push. Right out into the Bay I went! He loaded his kayak and gave himself a little shove and away he went as well! We headed to the right, up to the head of the Bay and to the mouth of where the McIntosh Run empties into Brenton Bay. It was a beautiful morning. Saw some pretty birds. Didn't see too many other boaters. We went up the run a little way, and then headed back to the wharf. We were out on the water for apron. 75 minutes. Getting back on the floating launch wasn't a problem for me. Greg pulled me back up the chute that I had gone down! Would like to launch from the winery and paddle the run to the Bay. Perhaps next time! I am still liking kayaking!

1 comment:

  1. So cool! Next time you're in Florida my mom would love to show you guys all her sweet kayaking spots.

    ReplyDelete